Update 3.15pm: A grass fire at Gorae West which was believed to have been sparked by a power pole has been brought under control.
CFA region four duty officer Steve Cooper said five units attended the fire which started just after 1.10pm on Thursday.
Mr Cooper said Powercor arrived on scene just after 2pm to fix the power pole.
No property was in danger from the blaze that burnt more than 50 square metres, he said.
Earlier: COUNTRY Fire Authority units are attended a grass fire, believed to have been sparked by an electricity pole, at Gorae West.
CFA region four duty officer Steve Cooper said three units had arrived at the scene after the fire was reported at 1.10pm Thursday.
He said the firefighters on the ground were reporting the grass blaze had been sparked by an electricity pole fire.
The fire has burnt about 50 square metres and is being brought under control.
Further details as they become available.