THE Action Health and Squash Complex in Warrnambool was a hub for community activity back in August, 1986.
So it was big news when a chlorine leak led to the evacuation of the complex.
The Warrnambool Fire Brigade was joined on site by police and ambulance to bring the situation under control.
The leak was caused by a faulty wire on top of a chlorine cylinder located outside the building.
The first area evacuated was the pool with the gym, indoor cricket and squash areas following. The house on the south side was also evacuated. The faulty cylinder was switched off and fixed.
No injuries or illnesses were reported and the complex was opened for business later the same afternoon.