UPDATE, Tuesday 8am: A Pomborneit man, 37, has been charged with serious assault offences and been bailed to appear in the Warranmbool Magistrates Court on October 2.
Detective Senior Constable Elissa Smith, of the Warrnambool police crime investigation unit, said the accused man was arrested, interviewed and charged with assault-related offences including recklessly causing serious injuries.
"The victim is still in the Alfred hospital recovering from significant head injuries," she said.
"It's believed a torch was involved in the assault. We are still waiting to speak to the victim," she said.
FRIDAY, 10am: A MAN has been flown to Melbourne with serious injuries after a fight in Pomborneit.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident at 3am on Friday.
Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Chris Asenjo said it was believed the men, aged in their 30s, were known to each other and had been drinking alcohol.
He said the victim was flown to the Alfred Hospital and was in a serious but not life threatening condition.
He said it was a significant crime scene which police were processing on Friday.