Allansford's Dylan Blake back in custody after Warrnambool arrest

​POLICE have arrested Warrnambool district fugitive Dylan Blake who has been on the run for 10 months​.

​Mr Blake,​ ​previously ​of Brown Street at Allansford, ​was wanted on ​11 warrants of apprehension after failing to attend at the Warrnambool Magistrates Court in January.

Police officers arrested Mr Blake at Pertobe Road ​apartments on Wednesday.​

​He appeared in magistrates court on Wednesday afternoon, did not make a bail application and was remanded in custody​ until December 19.

​Mr Blake was also charged with new drug offences after police allege he was found in possession of a small amount of ice.​

Detective Acting Sergeant Nick de Ridder, of the Warrnambool police Crime Investigation Unit, ​previously ​said Mr Blake was facing charges of trafficking ​methyl amphetamine and ecstasy.

Mr Blake has prior convictions for similar offences.

Mr Blake was given his last chance to comply with a community corrections order in September last year after pleading guilty in the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to refusing to undertake a drug driver test and failing to comply with a corrections order.

Police said officers stopped Mr Blake in Warrnambool’s Cramer Street about 11.45pm on June 19 because he was speeding. 

He tested positive to illicit drugs but refused to accompany an officer to the police station for a full test.

Magistrate Pete Mellas told the court in September that Mr Blake had not complied with a community corrections order and had refused to turn up for appointments and not completed community work.

He said Mr Blake was “fooling himself”, he still had a drug problem and if he did not comply with the order he would spend time in jail. 

Mr Blake said he was in the top 100 for a bed at Odyssey House and there were 10,000 people trying to get into drug rehabilitation.

The magistrate said Mr Blake was treating his order as a joke and that services were available to him but he would not accept help.

Mr Blake was placed on another order, was fined $400 and his driver's licence was disqualified for six months.​

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide