As the south-west counts the cost of damage from heavy rainfall and subsequent flooding, assistance has been made available for those affected.
On Friday Justice Minister Michael Keenan and acting Emergency Services Minister Lisa Neville announced Warrnambool City Council would be given access to disaster assistance through the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements.
The funding, which has been activated for 24 other councils, is supported by both the state and federal governments.
Moyne, Corangamite, Southern Grampians and Glenelg shires had already been given access to the funding.
The activation of the funding allows councils and state government bodies to apply for funding to cover operations linked to floods such as sandbagging, the construction of temporary levees and the restoration of essential infrastructure such as roads and stormwater systems.
Individual emergency relief funding was also available for eligible residents in the flood-affected areas through Emergency Relief Assistance and Emergency Re-establishment grants.
The Western District Health Service and Bendigo Bank have launched a Coleraine Flood Appeal to raise funds for people affected by flooding in around the town. Visit bendigobank.com.au/colerainefloodappeal to make a donation.
VicRoads acting regional director David Teague said more than 50 south-west roads were still closed and that in the last two weeks crews had patched up more than 8,800 potholes.
He said it was still too early to judge the full effect of the floods, but an assessment would be undertaken once the water subsided.
Parks Victoria area chief range David Roberts said Lower Glenelg National Park would remain closed across the weekend due to damage and flood debris.
He said many Grampians National Park sites had reopened, but advised visitors plan and check for the latest information.