Strong interest in Tour of the South West

ORGANISERS of the Tour of The South West are predicting the event’s third outing will be one of the best yet. 

Entries for the two-day cycling tour, to be held on April 26 and 27, opened this week and tour director Rebecca Elmes said there had already been strong interest. 

She said after record entries last year, the field would be capped at 550 entrants. 

“I’d suggest people get their entries in early if last year is anything to go by,” she said.  

Elmes said the format of the tour would not change, with a road race and time trial at Wangoom on the Saturday and a criterium around the Warrnambool cemetery on the Sunday. 

She said racing would again be held across men’s and masters A, B and C grades and women’s A and B grades. 

“The only major change we have to categories this year is the masters A grade being made a teams race,” Elmes said. 

The tour has again been included on the Victorian Road Series calendar and Elmes said issues with the timing system at last year’s event had been addressed. 

“We had some feedback about the event last year, so we’ve looked at those issues and tried to address them,” she said. 

Entries can be completed online at www.vic.cycling.org.au and close on April 20. 

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop