Centrelink taking phone lodgements during Telstra outage

TELSTRA customers who need to contact the Department of Human Services can report to Centrelink by calling their regular payment lines and lodging details over the phone.

A DHS spokesperson today said telephone lodgements were put in place from now until Friday for those reporting to Centrelink. 

This is applicable for affected people living in postcodes of Warrnambool, Portland and Hamilton. 

 "If you are required to report to Centrelink today, you can call your regular payment line and lodge your details over the phone," the spokesperson said.  

"However, if you cannot call because you have difficulties connecting to the Telstra network, you can still visit your local service centre where staff will assist you with your reporting. 

"We encourage locals to refrain from visiting their local service centre unless the matter is urgent, and we thank locals for their patience during this time."

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide