genU delivering a fresh approach to disability, ageing and training services across the Warrnambool region.
genU is short for Generation You because whatever generation you belong to, whether you’re young, old or somewhere in between, what unites us is the belief that neither disability nor ageing are disadvantages to be endured but rather challenges to be met boldly, achievements to be had and adventures in the making. You belong to genU!
genU has been 65 years in the making, bringing together the best of two trusted and respected community services organisations, Karingal and St Laurence. genU builds on this experience, adding a new ambition; to become a leader in everything we do.
genU’s Warrnambool services include:
• Disability services including individual support, short term accommodation and recreation activities.
• National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) support coordination and assistance
• Aged care home care packages
• Volunteer services
• Mental health support
• Accredited and non-accredited training, through genU Training who specialise in training for the community services sector and foundation skills courses
• Employment services through MatchWorks, delivering Federal Government jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES) contracts